Cheesy Italian Meatball Casserole
- 16 ounces dried ziti or penne pasta
- 1 26 ounce jar tomato pasta sauce
- 1 16 ounce package Italian-style frozen cooked meatballs (32), thawed
- 1 15 ounce can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 1 15 ounce carton ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Return to pan. Stir in pasta sauce, meatballs, and tomato sauce. Transfer to an ungreased 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish or 3-quart rectangular casserole. Bake, covered, in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese. Uncover pasta mixture and spoon ricotta mixture in mounds over pasta mixture. Cover loosely; bake about 10 minutes more or until heated through. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Servings: 8 to 10
Prep Time: 30 mins