Caramel Chocolate Bars
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 (16 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 2 cups flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream brown sugar and margarine.
- Add dry ingredients reserving 3 Tbsp of flour and stir in the oatmeal.
- Press 1/2 of the mixture in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over crust.
- Mix caramel topping with the reserved flour.
- Drizzle this over the chips.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.