Conchiglie with Shrimp
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes (12 ounces)
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick (2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- Coarse salt
- 1 pound conchiglie
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left intact (optional)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pimenton (Spanish Paprika)
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Gently toss tomatoes with thyme and 1 tablespoon oil. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes. Add zucchini and garlic; toss to combine. Roast until tomatoes are just broken down and zucchini is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook conchiglie until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook shrimp, stirring occasionally, until just opaque, about 3 minutes. Add cream, pimenton, red-pepper flakes, and roasted-tomato mixture. Bring to a simmer. Toss in pasta and reserved cooking liquid.
Prep Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 50 minutesServes: 4