Italian Meatball Soup
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed
- 8 ounces packages frozen italian style cooked meatballs, or your own from the freezer,about 8
- 1/2 cup small dry pasta, such as ditalini or 1/2 cup orzo pasta (elbows are ok)
- 1 cup loose pack, frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Stir together beef broth, undrained tomatoes, the water and Italian seasoning in a large saucepan, bring to boiling.
- Add meatballs, pasta and frozen veggies.
- Return to boiling, reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, about 10 minutes or till pasta and veggies are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.