Matzo Chocolate-Mint Ice Cream Cake
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large matzo crackers
- 1 pint mint-chip ice cream
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped natural almonds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil over medium-high. Immediately remove from heat and add chocolate. Let sit 5 minutes, then whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth, 1 minute. Place 1 matzo cracker on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Spread 1/3 cup chocolate mixture evenly over matzo and freeze until set, 5 minutes.
- Working on sheet, arrange scoops of mint chip ice cream in an even layer on chocolate-covered matzo and top with another matzo, gently pressing to adhere. Spread 1/3 cup chocolate mixture on top and freeze until set, 5 minutes. Repeat process with chocolate ice cream, matzo, and chocolate mixture, and top with almonds. Freeze until set, 20 minutes (or up to 2 hours), then serve.