Gluten-Free Ancho Pork and Hominy Stew
- 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set 1 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture aside. Add pork to remaining spice mixture in bowl, tossing well to coat.
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture to pan; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove pork from pan; set aside. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Return pork to pan. Add reserved 1 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture, broth, hominy, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes.