Pressed Mozzarella and Tomato Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained, reserving 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread (about 5 ounces), split horizontally and hollowed out
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard and oil until thick; spread on bread. Layer bottom half of bread with some of the lettuce, then cheese, tomatoes, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Top with remaining lettuce and bread.
- Wrap sandwich tightly in plastic; place on a baking sheet. Top with another sheet, and weight down with canned goods or a heavy skillet. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight to meld flavors. Cut in half, and serve.