Banana-Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk or 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat 12 muffin tin liners with cooking spray and place in muffin tin.
- In large bowl, mash bananas with fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.