- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- 1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Stir in shrimp; cover and cook on LOW for 10 minutes or just until shrimp are done. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired.
- Quick Tip: To cut down on prep time, purchase prechopped onion and celery that you'll find in most grocers' produce departments. They are real timesavers.