Herb Buttered Potatoes and Corn
- 2 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, each cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- 6 ears corn (3 1/2 lb. unshucked or 1 1/2 lb. frozen)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a large saucepot, cover potatoes with water and 1 tsp. salt, and bring to a boil. Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes, put them in a large bowl and set aside; cover with foil to keep warm. Leave water in saucepot.
- Using a sharp chef's knife, slice corn kernels from cobs. Bring potato water back to a boil and add corn. Cook for 1 minute; drain. Combine potatoes and corn in a large bowl. Toss with butter and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Change the herbs. If you don't care for thyme, swap in another herb, such as marjoram or oregano.